What’s up friends, welcome back to the most complete receipes internet site. If you are searching for interesting Candied Clementine Peels recipe, you are now at the best place. We only prepare excellent Candied Clementine Peels recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to candied clementine peels recipe. To make candied clementine peels you only need 4 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to make a tasty Candied Clementine Peels:
- Prepare 10 of Organic Clementines (approx., you may use less or more there is plenty of syrup to add up to 5 more clementines just don't half the syrup).
- Use 3 cup of Sugar.
- Use 2 cup of Water.
- Use 1 1/2 tbsp of Lemon juice.
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the sequences on preparing Candied Clementine Peels:
- Peel the clementines so that it mainly comes off in one piece. The pith on the clementines should be minimal so you shouldn't have to remove any, however if you have lots of pith, remove most of it with a sharp knife. There should only be a small layer..
- Place the peels in a medium sauce pan with cool water and bring to a good boil for 2 mins..
- Take the pot off the stove and transfer the peels to an ice water bath. Leave in the water for about 5 to 10 mins..
- Place peels back in pot with fresh cool water and bring back to a good boil for another 2 mins. Repeat this process of boiling and cooling for at least a total of total of 4 times. If you want a really weak flavour then boil more than 4 times. I reconmend 4 or 5 times as that gives the same flavour that we are use to of clementines normally..
- Cut peels into strips or chunks that you may desire. Just keep in mind the size of your cooling rack so that they don't fall off when drying and also that too large of a piece may not be desired for all..
- On your final cooling, place 3 cups of sugar, 1 1/2 tablespoons of Lemon juice and 2 cups of water in the pot over medium high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat but keep it so that its just to a boil. Boil until thickened..
- Place peels into syrup and gently boil on the reduced heat until the peels become almost see through. This may take 45 mins to an hour. Take off the heat and let cool on its own..
- Once cooled gently "squeegy" the strip without tearing it and place each strip on a cooling rack. Let dry for 24- 48 hrs..
- Once the strips are just tacky, dip them into granulated sugar fully..
- Enjoy!! It's a long process but well worth it. I keep mine in the refrigerator (they are also great in the freezer) and separate the layers in the container with parchment paper..
Reduce heat to low and stir in citrus peels; simmer until the white pith is translucent. Store peels in syrup, refrigerated, to keep them soft, or allow them to dry. Toss dry candied peels in additional sugar and store airtight at room temperature. Use or store the candied orange peels. You can eat the candied orange peel once it's dried and become a little chewy.
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a appetizing meal. If you find this page useful Sharing this site to your mates is the deal Hope that your Candied Clementine Peels makes your day joyful.