Hi people, welcome back to the most perfect receipes internet site. If you are searching for tasty Lamb Shanks braised in Red Wine recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only prepare excellent Lamb Shanks braised in Red Wine recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to lamb shanks braised in red wine recipe. You can have lamb shanks braised in red wine using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
Below are the ingridients that are required to serve a delicious Lamb Shanks braised in Red Wine:
- Prepare 2 of Lamb Shanks.
- Use 1 of Onion, finely sliced.
- You need 300 ml of Red Wine.
- You need 4 clove of Garlic, finely sliced.
- You need 2 tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar.
- Provide 1 of sprig Fresh Rosemary (or 1 tbsp dried).
- Get 25 grams of Butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of Plain Flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Tomato Puree.
Ready with the ingridients? Below are the instructions on preparing Lamb Shanks braised in Red Wine:
- Heat the oven to 150C (130C fan)..
- Put the flour in a bowl and season heavily with salt and pepper. Dust the lamb shanks in the seasoned flour..
- Place a heavy casserole pan on the hob on a medium heat and throw in the butter and a little oil. Once the butter is beginning to foam, add the lamb shanks to the pan (do it in batches if you need to) and brown on all sides – it should take 5-10 minutes per batch. Once they're done, remove them from the pan and set aside..
- Add the onions and garlic to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened. Then, remove them from the pan and put them with the lamb shanks..
- Put the tomato puree in the pan and fry for 30 seconds, then add the wine and vinegar. Bring the liquid to the boil, scraping the bottom of the pan to get all the tasty brown stuff!.
- Add the lamb and onions back to the pan along with the rosemary. Put the lid on the pan and then bang it in the oven for 2 hours and a half hours..
- At the end of the cooking, if the red wine gravy looks too thin (it probably will), remove the shanks from it (And keep them warm) and place the pan back on the hob and boil vigorously until the desired thickness is reached..
- Serve! Goes great with mashed potato and french beans!.
This lamb shank recipe is cooked with veggies, red wine, and fresh herbs until the lamb just falls off the bone! Braised lamb shanks are easy to make and Not only do Dessi & I love their wines, but we also love to cook with them! The Pinot Noir adds so much flavor to this braised lamb shank recipe. Succulent braised lamb shanks slow cooked in a red wine, tomato, and fresh basil sauce. Serve with mushroom risotto and grilled zucchini.
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a delicious meal. If you find this web site helpful Sharing this web site to your families is the deal Wish that your Lamb Shanks braised in Red Wine turns your day joyful.