Hi people, welcome back to the most excellent receipes web site. If you are searching for excellent Asam or Steam fish in tamarind sauce recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only serve excellent Asam or Steam fish in tamarind sauce recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to asam or steam fish in tamarind sauce recipe. To cook asam or steam fish in tamarind sauce you only need 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Below are the ingridients that are needed to cook a tasty Asam or Steam fish in tamarind sauce:
- Provide 2 pieces of whole sea bream.
- Prepare 2 tsp of veg oil.
- Prepare 2 of shallots, sliced.
- Take 4 of garlic cloves, thinly sliced.
- Provide 2 cm of ginger thinly sliced.
- Take 1 of lemongrass bruised.
- Provide 3-5 of birds eye chillies (more or less depending on your spicy level.
- Provide 1/4 cup of thin tamarind juice.
- Take 1 tbsp of fish sauce (sample) or fish stock.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, sliced into rounds.
- Prepare 1 of tomato quartered, optional.
- Use of Garnish.
- Take 1 handful of chopped coriander(we have run out).
- Provide of Sliced chillies.
Done with the ingridients? Here are the sequences on producing Asam or Steam fish in tamarind sauce:
- Gut, clean and rub some salt on the fish. Put it in a pyrex dish that fits into your steamer and set aside…
- Heat some oil in a wok and fry the shallots, garlic and ginger. Add in lemongrass and water. Let boil and cook for 3 minutes then add in tamarind juice, salt, sugar and fish sauce. Taste for seasoning. Add the sliced onions and turn the heat off..
- Pour the sauce into the pyrex bowl with the fish in it and steam them for 8 to 10 minutes on high or till fish is cooked through..
- Garnish with sliced chillies and coriander leaves. Serve immediately with white rice, vegetables and sambal on the side..
Season the fish with tumeric and salt. Assam Fish (Fish in Spicy Tamarind Sauce). I'm sure your hubby was SO elated to gobble up bowls of steamed rice with the assam fish. =) Happy Merdeka Day to you!! Btw, if you happen to be here during the Raya weekend, lemme know. Instant curry sauce is usually not very hot, hence it is a good idea to add chilli powder to taste for the additional heat.
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a good meal. If you find this page useful Sharing this site to your buddies is the deal Wish that your Asam or Steam fish in tamarind sauce makes your day cheerful.