What’s up friends, back with us in the most pleasing receipes blog. If you are looking for complete Cajun pork and lentils recipe, you are now at the correct place. We only provide excellent Cajun pork and lentils recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cajun pork and lentils recipe. You can cook cajun pork and lentils using 28 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to produce a perfect Cajun pork and lentils:
- You need 1 lb. of lentils.
- You need 2 lb. of pork spare ribs strips, cut in small pieces.
- Provide 1/4 cup of pork fat.
- Get of jon cajun seasoning.
- Take 3 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of garlic powder.
- Use 1 tsp. of onion powder.
- Get 1/2 tsp. of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of paprika powder.
- You need 1 tsp. of ground black pepper.
- Take 3/4 tsp. of cayenne pepper.
- Use 1 tsp. of thyme leaves.
- Provide 1 1/4 tsp. of dry oregano leaves.
- Take 1 tsp. of cumin powder.
- Provide 1 tsp. of Mexican chili powder.
- Use of other ingredients.
- Get 2/3 cup of diced onions.
- Get 2/3 cup of diced red peppers.
- Provide 2/3 cup of diced green pepper.
- Provide 1/2 cup of diced carrots.
- Take 2/3 cup of diced celery.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of chopped tomatoes or chunky tomato sauce.
- Take 2 of minced garlic cloves.
- Take 1 tsp. of Cajun seasoning.
- Provide 1 of diced potato.
- Use 1 cup of white wine.
- Provide 1 1/2 qt. of + 1 cup. water.
- Provide 1 tsp. of salt.
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the sequences on preparing Cajun pork and lentils:
- Check the lentils for stones or any foreign objects. Place the lentils in a container, cover with plenty water and let them soak for a couple hours. In a bowl mix all the spices for the Cajun seasoning. Pad dry the ribs with paper towel and mix with 2½ teaspoons Cajun seasoning. Let them marinate for 1 hour. Save the rest of the seasoning for other Cajun recipes..
- Cut the vegetables and measure the rest of the ingredients. Heat up at moderate temperature a large frying pan and melt the pork fat. When some of the fat becomes brown, remove and reserve. Place the ribs in the frying pan and brown them on both sides. Remove to a deep pot..
- Add to the frying pan onion, garlic and brown them, trying to lose any particles sticking on the pan. Add the rest of the vegetables, brown pieces of pork fat and sweat them for 3 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning and cook for 1 minute. Add the vegetables and tomatoes to the pot with the ribs..
- Deglaze the frying pan with the wine or water and add to the ribs. Incorporate the water, bring it to a boil, lower the flame and let the ribs cook slowly for 45 minutes. Drain the soaking lentils. Add lentils, potatoes to ribs in the pot. Let boil the liquid, lower the flame and cook slowly for 25 to 30 minutes or until lentils are soft..
- Serve the soup with a bit chopped tomatoes and cilantro on top..
My difference came in the cooking method. Heat the pork fat in a pan. Add the bacon, stir well, then add the lentils. Cover with the chicken stock, add the remaining Serve the lentils with a few carrots and the sliced pork. If you wish, serve with mustard or a salad dressing with herbs.
A recipe is a good story that ends with a appetizing meal. If you find this internet site useful Sharing this web site to your buddies is the deal Wish that your Cajun pork and lentils makes your day joyful.