Hello guys, welcome back to the most perfect receipes web site. If you are searching for best Chow-Chow Kootu / Chayote Lentil Stew recipe, you are now at the right place. We only serve excellent Chow-Chow Kootu / Chayote Lentil Stew recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chow-chow kootu / chayote lentil stew recipe. You can have chow-chow kootu / chayote lentil stew using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Here are the ingridients that are required to make a remarkably good Chow-Chow Kootu / Chayote Lentil Stew:
- Prepare 2 of Chayote.
- Use 1 cup of moong dal.
- Prepare 300 ml of water.
- Get 1 tbsp of ghee.
- Use 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Take 5 of curry leaves.
- Get to taste of salt.
- Take 1 handful of coconut scrapings.
- Provide 1 tbsp of cumin jeera /.
- Use 7 of chillies dry red.
Done with the ingridients? Below are the instructions on producing Chow-Chow Kootu / Chayote Lentil Stew:
- Cook 1 cup of moong dal(add water until the moong dal submerges or about 200 ml) in pressure cooker up to 4 whistles or cook it in microwave for 15 minutes in high power..
- Peel and chop the chow-chow or chayote into small cubes and put it ina vessel. Add enough water and cook this on medium heat. Sprinkle little salt for the chow-chow to cook faster..
- Take the ingredients mentioned under "For the paste" in a blender jar, add little water(about 6 tbsps) and grind this to smooth paste. It should look like a chutney..
- Now check if the chow-chow- or chayote is cooked by inserting a knife, if it goes in easily then it is cooked. Now add the cooked moong dal and the ground paste to this and mix. Let it boil for about 6 minutes. Keep stirring do not leave this boiling continuously on medium heat. At this stage it will easily stick to the bottom of the vessel and burn, Keep stirring in equal intervals..
- Take the kootu off the heat and take a tadka pan, on medium heat, crackle 1 tsp of mustard seeds and curry leaves in a tablespoon of ghee. Add this to the kootu and mix..
Stewed chayote squash Chow Chow Kootu is a stewed chayote squash made with lentils. It is an exquisite recipe prepared in Bhramin style (no onion & no garlic). Thanks to my sister Bhavya taught me this recipe. This kootu (stew) can be served with rice or chapathi. Wash, peel and chop the chow chow/Bangalore kathrikkai/Chayote into small cubes.
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a well done meal. If you find this site useful Sharing this web page to your families is the deal Hope that your Chow-Chow Kootu / Chayote Lentil Stew makes your day joyful.