What’s up guys, back with us in the most excellent receipes blog. If you are looking for interesting Ham, Shallot & Mushroom Frittata recipe, you are now at the correct place. We only prepare excellent Ham, Shallot & Mushroom Frittata recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to ham, shallot & mushroom frittata recipe. You can have ham, shallot & mushroom frittata using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Here are the ingridients that are required to cook a yummy Ham, Shallot & Mushroom Frittata:
- Prepare 8-14 of small new potatoes (about 400g).
- Provide 40 g of butter.
- Get 3 of banana shallots, chopped.
- Use 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Get 1 of red chili with seeds, sliced.
- You need 1 of red pepper, deseeded and chopped.
- You need 1 of green pepper, deseeded and chopped.
- You need 125 g of chestnut mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 6 of eggs.
- Get 150 ml of milk.
- Get of Salt.
- Use of Ground black pepper.
- Prepare 250 g of cooked ham, diced.
- Provide 100 g of hard cheese, finely grated. (I used Lincolnshire Poacher – a very strong-tasting cheese – on this occasion but Cheddar, Gruyère, Emmentaler or Parmesan go well).
Done with the ingridients? Below are the instructions on preparing Ham, Shallot & Mushroom Frittata:
- Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 4 or electric equivalent (Circotherm 160C).
- Boil the potatoes until almost cooked, drain, slice fairly thickly and set aside..
- Use a very little of the butter to grease a deepish baking dish..
- Bring the butter to a medium-high heat in a frying pan and cook the shallots for 2 minutes, stirring only to avoid sticking. Then add the garlic, chili and peppers and cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the mushrooms and cook for another 3 minutes or until the shallots are cooked but not burnt, gently stirring occasionally..
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs and milk, then season and add the contents of the frying pan and mix together. Add the ham and cheese and gently but thoroughly mix it all..
- Lay the potato slices evenly to cover the base of the baking dish and pour over the egg mix all over, ensuring an even spread..
- Cook in the pre-heated oven for 40-45 minutes and serve piping hot onto warmed plates. A small side salad is a pleasant bonus..
They are milder and sweeter than onions. Shallots are considered the gourmet onion and are preferred in French and Asian cooking. Delicious raw or cooked, they have a wide range of end uses. Shallots keep well in a cool dry place. Sweeter and milder than onions, shallots add plenty of flavour to savoury dishes.
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a delicious meal. If you find this web page useful Sharing this internet site to your mates is the deal Hope that your Ham, Shallot & Mushroom Frittata turns your day cheerful.