What’s up guys, back with us in the most interesting receipes page. If you are searching for interesting Flying Game, Bacon, Leek, Shallot & Mushroom Pie recipe, you are now at the right place. We only serve excellent Flying Game, Bacon, Leek, Shallot & Mushroom Pie recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to flying game, bacon, leek, shallot & mushroom pie recipe. To make flying game, bacon, leek, shallot & mushroom pie you need 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do it.
Here are the ingridients that are required to make a appetizing Flying Game, Bacon, Leek, Shallot & Mushroom Pie:
- Get 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 150 g of bacon, without rind and in small pieces.
- Use 2 of leeks, sliced.
- Provide 3 of banana shallots, sliced.
- Get 3 of carrots, halved longitudinally then halved.
- Use 3 cloves of garlic, sliced thinly.
- Get 150 g of chestnut mushrooms, sliced.
- Use 2 tbsp of plain flour plus small quantity for dusting pastry.
- Use 300 ml of dry white wine.
- Prepare 500 ml of chicken stock.
- Get 1 tbsp of red currant jelly.
- You need 2 tbsp of crème fraîche.
- Provide of Salt.
- Use of Ground black pepper.
- Provide 1 kg of mixed flying game.
- Provide 1 tbsp of Dijon mustard.
- Take 1 tbsp of Mirin.
- You need 2 of x 500 g JusRol shortcrust pastry.
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the procedures on cooking Flying Game, Bacon, Leek, Shallot & Mushroom Pie:
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a casserole and gently fry the bacon for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add remaining oil and fry the leeks, shallots, garlic and mushrooms for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until all softened but not burnt..
- Add the carrots and stir for 2 minutes..
- Quickly stir in the flour, the add the wine and fast-simmer to reduce by half, stirring frequently..
- Add the stock, stir well and stir in the red currant jelly and crème fraîche..
- Add the meat, stirring gently but thoroughly, bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer cover and cook for 35 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Season, stir the mustard and Mirin in well and then remove from heat and leave to cool..
- Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 6 or electric equivalent (170C Circotherm). Lightly grease the pie dishes. Split each block into 1/3 and 2/3. Lightly flour your work table and roll each portion out as you need it to proceed..
- In each dish, lay a 2/3 portion of pastry. Apportion the meat, etc. equally between the dishes and reserve the cooking liquid coz it’ll make scrumptious gravy! Then lay a 1/3 portion on the top of each dish. Crimp the edges. Make three small incisions in the top of each pie to allow steam to escape. If you want to put one of the pies in the freezer for later, do not make these incisions. However, if the JusRol has already been frozen, then you must cook the pie before freezing..
- Cook the pies in the pre-heated oven for 40-45 minutes or until the pastry looks nicely cooked..
- Serve onto warmed plates with your choice of accompaniments..
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a enjoyable meal. If you find this internet site fruitful Sharing this web site to your mates is the deal Hope that your Flying Game, Bacon, Leek, Shallot & Mushroom Pie turns your day joyful.