What’s up guys, back with us in the most excellent receipes internet site. If you are looking for complete Meen Vattichathu recipe, you are now at the best place. We only provide excellent Meen Vattichathu recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to meen vattichathu recipe. To cook meen vattichathu you need 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Below are the ingridients that are required to make a heavenly Meen Vattichathu:
- Provide 1 kg of Red snapper -.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Mustard Seeds -.
- Use 1/4 tsp of Methi Seeds -.
- Use handful of Curry Leaves – A.
- Provide 3 – 4 tbsps of Coconut oil -.
- Take 1/2 cup of Shallots – finely sliced ,.
- You need 1.5 tsps of Ginger – finely grated ,.
- Provide 1.5 tsps of Garlic – finely grated ,.
- You need 3 of chilly , Green , cut lengthwise -.
- Use 3 pcs of Kudam Puli (Fish tamarind) – ,.
- You need To taste of Salt -.
- Provide 3 – 3.5 tsps of Chilly powder -.
- Use 2 tsps of Chilly Kashmiri powder -.
- Get 2 tsps of Fish Masala -.
- Take 1 tsp of Turmeric powder -.
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the steps on preparing Meen Vattichathu:
- Heat 3 tbsp coconut oil in a meen chatti (or, a non stick pan). Splutter mustard seeds. Add methi seeds and saute for 10 seconds. Add curry leaves..
- Add the ginger-garlic-green chilly to this and saute until they start to turn brown..
- Now, add the finely sliced shallots and saute on medium flame. The shallots also should turn slightly brown (not golden brown).
- Make a paste with the spice powders with as little water as possible. Adjust the chilly powder as well as Kashmiri chilly based on your spice tolerance..
- To this, add the spice paste and continue to saute until the oil starts to separate..
- Now, add 3 cups of water and bring to a boil..
- Add the kudam puli and salt to taste and bring to a boil again..
- Add the cleaned pieces of fish carefully. Do not put a spoon into stir this. Hold the edges of your chatti carefully and give it a slight shake ;). Bring this to a boil..
- Reduce the flame, cover and cook until the fish is done..
- Once the fish is cooked through, switch off the flame. Garnish with a spoon more of coconut oil and curry leaves..
- Serve with rice, tapioca, or even appam!.
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a well done meal. If you find this site helpful Sharing this web site to your families is the deal Hope that your Meen Vattichathu makes your day joyful.