Hi buddy, back with us in the most excellent receipes site. If you are searching for tasty Beef ragù recipe, you are now at the best place. We only serve excellent Beef ragù recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to beef ragù recipe. You can have beef ragù using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Below are the ingridients that are required to produce a delicious Beef ragù:
- Take of olive oil, for frying.
- Get 1 of onion, peeled and finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, peeled and finely diced.
- Prepare 2 sticks of celery, finely diced.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, peeled and finely sliced.
- Get of flour, for dusting.
- Use of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- You need 400 g of beef diced braising steak.
- Prepare 100 g of pancetta.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 5 of cm/2in strip of orange rind.
- Get 375 ml of red wine, preferably Italian.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato purée.
- Provide of Large pinch of dried oregano.
Done with the ingridients? Here are the instructions on preparing Beef ragù:
- Preheat the oven to 150C/300F/Gas 2..
- Season the flour with salt and pepper and lightly coat the beef in the seasoned flour. Add some olive oil to a frying pan set over a high heat and add the coated beef pieces. Fry until the meat is golden-brown on all over. Set cooked beef aside..
- Heat the oil in an ovenproof, heavy-based pan or casserole, set over a low-medium heat. Add the onion, carrot, celery, and garlic..
- When the vegetables have softened, add the pancetta, bay leaf and orange rind to the pan. Cook for about five minutes until much of the pancetta fat has rendered and the vegetables have browned a little around the edges..
- Pour the red wine into the frying pan used to brown the meat. Cook over a medium heat, scraping the bottom of the pan to loosen any charred bits of meat..
- Add the browned beef to the vegetables..
- Add the tomato purée to the ragú and stir it through. Cook for two minutes stirring regularly to avoid burning..
- Pour the warm wine into the ragú, add 200ml/7fl oz water and bring to a simmer. Scrap the bottom of the pan to loosen up and burn on food. Add the oregano and stir through..
- Put the lid on the pan and place in the preheated oven for 1½ hours, or until the meat is meltingly tender and the liquid reduced. Check once or twice in this time and stir to prevent the meat on the surface drying out..
- I serve with mashed potatoes.
This version uses Italian style beef Ragu that's been slowly braised for that intense flavour. Cheaper cuts of beef, like shoulder roast, are usually on the tough side, but cooking low and slow breaks down the tough connective tissue in meat and creates a melt-in-your-mouth ragù. The proof is in this easy meat ragù recipe. Tender, melt-in-your-mouth shredded beef simmers with tomatoes, carrots, and fresh herbs for a ragù. Smart tip: This makes four portions of ragù, so it can either feed the whole family or be divided into portions to refrigerate or freeze for future.
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a delicious meal. If you find this page helpful Sharing this site to your friends is the deal Wish that your Beef ragù makes your day cheerful.