Hi people, back with us in the most complete receipes site. If you are searching for interesting Sauerkraut Spätzle recipe, you are now at the correct place. We only provide excellent Sauerkraut Spätzle recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sauerkraut spätzle recipe. You can cook sauerkraut spätzle using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Below are the ingridients that are required to make a tasty Sauerkraut Spätzle:
- Prepare 250 g of sauerkraut, drained (about 2 cups).
- Prepare 1/2 of onion.
- You need 1 Tbsp of olive or vegetable oil.
- Get 2-3 of juniper berries.
- You need 1/4 tsp of caraway seeds.
- Provide 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 2 of whole cloves.
- You need 1/2 cup of (+ 1/4 cup for later) chicken, vegetable or other broth.
- You need of ***Spätzle***.
- You need 2 of servings packaged Spätzle or homemade one with recipe listed in Story section.
- Prepare of ***Toppings***.
- Provide 1 Tbsp of chopped parsley to garnish.
- Provide 1/2 of onion, for frying into crispy onions.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter (for frying onion).
Done with the ingridients? Below are the sequences on preparing Sauerkraut Spätzle:
- Slice onions thin and fry them in a sauce pan until translucent..
- Add drained sauerkraut and the spices. Sauté for a 3-4 minutes..
- Add the broth and bring to a boil. Turn to low, cover and simmer for 30-45 minutes until sauerkraut is soft. Make sure you check the level of liquid a few times during the cooking to make sure it hasn't cooked away completely. Add a little water if too dry..
- Meanwhile make the Spätzle. You can use packaged one or use my recipe here to make it homemade: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/279900-homemade-spatzle.
- Once sauerkraut is ready and Spätzle is cooked, add 1/4 cup broth to the sauerkraut and bring to a simmer again. Remove the cloves, bay leaf and juniper berries and discard..
- Add the drained Spätzle to the sauerkraut and stir until well mixed..
- For the other half of the onion, slice it thin and brown it in butter until crispy (but not burnt!).
- Dish out krautspätzle into serving dishes and top with the fried onions and chopped parsley. Sprinkle pepper to taste..
Die abgetropften Spätzle, der Käse und die Sauerkraut-Sahnemischung in einer große Schüssel vermischen und kräftig mit Pfeffer und (etwas Salz) abschmecken. Spatzle is a special type of egg noodle that is enjoyed with sauces and gravies as well as incorporated into a variety of different dishes. This spatzle recipe uses a stand mixer to knead/mix the dough. Schon ein, zwei Gäbelchen täglich reichen aus, um entscheidende Ernährungsmängel auszugleichen. It's super easy to make from scratch and downright delicious.
A recipe is a good story that ends with a enjoyable meal. If you find this web site useful Sharing this web page to your buddies is the deal Hope that your Sauerkraut Spätzle makes your day joyful.