Hello guys, welcome back to the most interesting receipes internet site. If you are searching for excellent Homemade Sauerkraut recipe, you are now at the right place. We only prepare excellent Homemade Sauerkraut recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to homemade sauerkraut recipe. You can have homemade sauerkraut using 2 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Here are the ingridients that are required to serve a appetizing Homemade Sauerkraut:
- Prepare 1 head of of cabbage.
- You need 1 tbsp of Kosher/coarse sea salt.
Ready with the ingridients? Below are the instructions on preparing Homemade Sauerkraut:
- Peel off outer leaves and cut the cabbage into 4 sections..
- Slice one section to desired size, rinse with cold water, sprinkle with some salt..
- Mash the cabbage until the water from the cabbage begins to release..
- Put cabbage in an airtight container you will be able to store to ferment, repeating the steps for each section..
- Use a weight to keep the cabbage below the liquid. If necessary add salted water to cover weights..
- Leave for three days at room temperature and then move into cool place for four weeks or more to allow the fermentation..
I love making kraut with fresh-picked cabbage from my garden or farmers market. When life gives you cabbage, you make sauerkraut — and homemade sauerkraut is a world apart from the stuff that comes from the grocery store. It's crunchy and delightfully sour, perfect for topping a round of beer-braised brats or layering into a big sandwich. Homemade sauerkraut, all salty and sour, is brilliantly easy to make at home. All you need is two simple ingredients: cabbage and salt.
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a delicious meal. If you find this web site helpful Sharing this site to your friends is the deal Hope that your Homemade Sauerkraut makes your day cheerful.