Greetings to everyone out there, back with us in the most complete receipes internet site. If you are searching for best Greek island chickpea fritters (Revithokeftedes) recipe, you are now at the right place. We only serve excellent Greek island chickpea fritters (Revithokeftedes) recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to greek island chickpea fritters (revithokeftedes) recipe. You can cook greek island chickpea fritters (revithokeftedes) using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
Below are the ingridients that are required to cook a delicious Greek island chickpea fritters (Revithokeftedes):
- Provide 200 g of chickpeas soaked from the previous evening.
- Provide 4-5 of medium onions.
- Take 1 bunch of fresh spearmint.
- You need 2 of large tomatoes.
- Get 250 g of self raising flour.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Take of salt, pepper.
- You need of quite a bit of olive oil for frying.
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the procedures on cooking Greek island chickpea fritters (Revithokeftedes):
- Soak the chickpeas in plenty of water from the previous evening..
- Strain them and put them in the blender with the onions, the tomatoes (which you have already peeled), the spearmint, the salt and pepper.
- And blend well..
- If the mixture is thick and does not blend well, add a small tomato or a bit of water..
- Empty the mixture into a bowl and add the flour and the baking powder (put as much flour as needed in order to get a mixture that is neither too thick nor too runny) and stir..
- Let it sit for about an hour.
- Then fry them. Using a teaspoon, take spoonfuls of the batter and drop into plenty of hot olive oil (in a pot or a fryer) so that they are covered in it, till they are golden..
Pitaroudia with chick peas are by far the national dish of Rhodes. Revithokeftedes are perfect with a side of horiatiko chopped salad or wrapped up in pita bread with tahini lemon sauce and sliced tomatoes – chickpea fritters are a winner every time! Greek Chickpea Fritters Greek Chickpea Fritters are called Revithokeftedes, is a fritter that is easy to prepare, and makes a wonderful evening snack. Course Appetizers & Starters By Cook Method Pressure Cooker, Stovetop Chickpea Fritters Not as famous as their Middle Eastern cousins, the falafel, Greek revithokeftedes (chickpea fritters)are served on their own, rather than in a wrap. This recipe from the island of Sifnos is quite time consuming, but it's worth it in the end.
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a well done meal. If you find this page helpful Sharing this web site to your acquaintances is the deal Hope that your Greek island chickpea fritters (Revithokeftedes) makes your day joyful.