Hi buddy, back with us in the most excellent receipes site. If you are searching for best Marmalade Cake recipe, you are now at the best place. We only serve excellent Marmalade Cake recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to marmalade cake recipe. To make marmalade cake you only need 24 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to serve a yummy Marmalade Cake:
- Take of the cakes.
- Use 1 cup of sunflower oil.
- Take 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of soft light brown sugar, any lumps squashed out.
- Take 3 large of eggs.
- You need 2 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- Get 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Provide 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Take 1 of zest of 3 oranges.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of grated nutmeg.
- Provide 2 cup of grated/shredded carrot.
- Use 2 cup of sultanas.
- You need 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts.
- Prepare 1 cup of desiccated coconut.
- Use 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Use of the syrup.
- Use 1 cup of light brown sugar.
- You need 1 of juice of two oranges.
- Get 1/2 cup of marmalade (I used shredless).
- Prepare of the frosting.
- Provide 2 stick of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- Get 1 of juice and zest of 2 oranges.
- Get 1 1/2 cup of confectioner's sugar, sifted.
- Provide 1/4 cup of marmalade, 1 tablespoon of which reserved..
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the sequences on producing Marmalade Cake:
- Preheat oven to 150 C/ 300°F.
- Butter and line 2* 8 inch cake pans with baking parchmemt.
- In a stand mixer bowl or with an electric hand mixer, beat the oil, eggs and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Sift in the cinnamin, nutmeg, baking soda and flour, and mix in with a metal spoon until muxture looks smooth..
- Add the other cake ingredients and mix well..
- Divide mixture between the two pans..
- Bake both cakes on the middle shelf for 30-35 minutes..
- To make the syrup, put the juice, sugar and marmalade in a small saucepan, simmer until all melted, then take off the heat, but keep warm..
- Set up a wire rack with something laid underneath it to catch any spilled syrup (kitchen paper or a cloth).
- Take cakes out of the oven and while still wsrm use a skewer to poke holes all over both cakes, then spoon the syrup over the two cakes..
- Allow cakes to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, beat the butter until fluffy, add the zest and juice, the marmalade and mix in..
- Mix in the confectioner's sugar. If it splits, don't panic, just keep beating it for a few minutes until it comes back together.
- Place the first cake top down on a serving plate or cake dish..
- Spread the reserved marmalade over the base, then spread on the filling (I had enough frosting to do the top of the cake aswell, but if you don't, you can just decorate the top with some orange zest or candied orange peel)..
- Place the second cake on top, as usual..
- If you can, try keeping this cake for a few days as apparently it only gets better! :).
Who could resist a slice of this marmalade cake with a hint of orange zest? Try it next time you're having friends round for afternoon tea. See more ideas about Marmalade cake, Cake, Cake recipes. A quick and easy Orange marmalade loaf cake that's packed with traditional Seville orange marmalade for a perfectly British treat at any. Sift flour and add dry ingredients to flour.
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a enjoyable meal. If you find this internet site helpful Sharing this site to your families is the deal Hope that your Marmalade Cake makes your day joyful.