What’s up friends, welcome back to the most perfect receipes web site. If you are searching for delicious JON’S CLAM CHOWDER recipe, you are now at the best place. We only provide excellent JON’S CLAM CHOWDER recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to jon’s clam chowder recipe. To make jon’s clam chowder you need 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Below are the ingridients that are required to serve a perfect JON’S CLAM CHOWDER:
- Provide 10 oz. of / 290 gr. chopped clams.
- Provide 6 oz. of / 150 gr. smoked bacon, cut in thin strips, side way.
- Take 1 tbsp. of butter.
- Take 2 of minced garlic cloves.
- Use 1 1/4 c. of diced yellow onions.
- Get 1 1/4 c. of diced celery.
- Get 1 c. of leeks, cut in thin strips side ways.
- Use 2 tsp. of fresh thyme leaves.
- Use 4 of tbsps. all-purpose flour.
- You need 3 1/2 c. of milk. (875 ml.).
- Use 1 1/2 c. of clams broth. (375 ml.).
- Provide 2 of large potatoes with or without skin, diced.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1 1/2 of tsps. salt.
- Provide 1/4 tsp. of ground pepper.
Ready with the ingridients? Below are the steps on producing JON’S CLAM CHOWDER:
- Cut and measure all ingredients for the recipe. Cook the potatoes in a small pot with the clam broth. Heat up a large pot at moderate temperature and cook bacon until fat is melt and crispy. Add garlic, onions and cook until just beginning to brown..
- Stir in the celery, leeks, thyme leaves and sweat until vegetables are wilt. Add and mix in the flour and cook for about 4 minutes. Don’t let it burn at the bottom of the pot. Stir in the milk, bay leaf, bring it to a boil and let it simmer for about 15 minutes. Be careful again; do not let the flour burn at the bottom of the pan..
- Mix in the clam broth with the potatoes, clams, salt and pepper. Let it simmer for a few minutes and serve. OPTIONAL: add a cup of cream if you like..
This Chunky Manhattan Clam Chowder is loaded with fresh veggies, bacon, corn, and plenty of clams! Everybody knows just how effective soups are during the cold season. See more ideas about Clam chowder, Chowder, Clam chowder recipes. A classic clam chowder recipe for any time of year, with perfect tastes of bacon and clams. Clam chowder is one of my favorite fall comfort foods.
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a well done meal. If you find this web page useful Sharing this internet site to your buddies is the deal Wish that your JON’S CLAM CHOWDER turns your day joyful.