Hi buddy, back with us in the most excellent receipes site. If you are searching for interesting Chocolate Christmas Fruit Cake recipe, you are now at the best place. We only provide excellent Chocolate Christmas Fruit Cake recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chocolate christmas fruit cake recipe. To make chocolate christmas fruit cake you need 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to serve a tasty Chocolate Christmas Fruit Cake:
- Get 2 cups of chopped Dry Fruits of your choice (Dates, Prunes, Cranberries, Figs, Raisins, Sultanas, Apricots).
- Get 1 cup of Dark Rum (Whisky, Sherry or Brandy will also do).
- Provide 250 grams of Black raisins.
- Use 250 grams of Dried soft prunes.
- Take 1/4 cup of Honey.
- Provide 2 of Oranges, zest and juice.
- Use 1 teaspoon of Mixed spice- (cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg).
- You need 2 tablespoons of Cocoa powder.
- Take 3 tablespoons of Grape Juice.
- Provide 3/4 cup of Butter.
- Provide 3/4 cup of Dark brown sugar.
- Take 3 medium of Eggs.
- Provide 1 1/4 cups of All purpose Flour.
- Provide 1/2 cup of Ground almonds (with or without skin)-.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Baking powder.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of Baking Soda.
- Take pinch of Salt.
Done with the ingridients? Below are the sequences on producing Chocolate Christmas Fruit Cake:
- In a clean, dry glass jar, add the chopped dry fruits and the rum and mix well together with a wooden spoon. Seal the jar and keep in a cool, dry place away from sunlight. Every 2-3 days, give the fruit a mix and add about ¼ cup more rum if it looks too dry. You can soak the dry fruits for 1 – 4 weeks before you bake the cake..
- Reheat the oven to 150 degrees for 10 minutes. In a broad pan, add the raisins and chopped prunes. Add butter, mixed spice powder, dark brown sugar, honey, orange zest from 2 oranges and orange juice from 1 and 1/2 orange add remaining half at-last if needed..
- Add cocoa powder, grape juice and bring the mixture to boil in low flame. It takes about 5-8 minutes to start the mixture to bubble. Once the bubbles start to appear on the edges, switch off the gas and allow the mixture to cool for about 30 minutes. Prepare the cake tin by lining bottom and the sides of the cake. To protect the top of the cake from burning keep the side little larger the tin..
- In a blender jar, add the blanched or whole almonds and make a powder. In a separate bowl add the all purpose flour, ground almonds, baking powder, baking soda and salt together and mix with a whisk to combine well. After around 30 minutes, once the mixture has cooled a little, add the beaten eggs. Now add this flour almond mix into the fruit mixture and mix with a spatula until the ingredients have combined..
- If you feel the batter is thick drizzle little orange juice now to loosen the batter. Carefully pour the fruit cake mixture into the lined 20 cm with minimum of 7-8 cm height cake tin. Cover the cake tin with another wax paper on top to prevent the sides from burning. Transfer the cake tin to the oven and bake for around 1 and 3/4 to 2 hours, or until the top of the cake is firm. If you insert a sharp knife into the middle of the cake the knife should come out clean..
Change it up with some chocolate. Wrap these loaves up and give them as edible Christmas presents. This dark cake is packed with spices. Get the recipe from Rock Recipes. Wonderfully rich, dense chocolate fruit cake with hidden treasures like chunks of dark chocolate and dried apricots in every bite.
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a enjoyable meal. If you find this site fruitful Sharing this page to your acquaintances is the deal Hope that your Chocolate Christmas Fruit Cake turns your day joyful.