Greetings to everyone out there, back with us in the most interesting receipes site. If you are searching for best Bobotie recipe, you are now at the correct place. We only prepare excellent Bobotie recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to bobotie recipe. To cook bobotie you only need 19 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to produce a heavenly Bobotie:
- Prepare 1 kg of beef mince.
- Take 5 ml of salt.
- Prepare 2 ml of pepper.
- You need 3 of onions, chopped.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves, chopped.
- You need 45 ml of oil.
- Get 15 ml of vinegar.
- Get 125 ml of apricot jam.
- Get 125 ml of chutney.
- Get 30 ml of curry.
- Use 15 ml of turmeric.
- Prepare 5 ml of ground ginger.
- Use 1 of apple, grated.
- Provide 60 ml of raisins.
- You need 2 slices of bread soaked in 125 ml milk, squeeze out milk.
- Provide of Topping.
- Use 250 ml of milk.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- Get 5 of bay leaves.
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the instructions on preparing Bobotie:
- Heat oven to 180 Celcius. Fry the onions in oil untill soft and translucent, add garlic and fry for another minute. Add vinegar, salt and meat, stirfry until mixture is light brown and dry. Turn of heat and mix in rest of the ingredients except topping..
- Transfer mixture to a 20 x 30cm ovenproof dish, press down lightly. Beat eggs and milk until blended, pour over meat mixture, top with bay leaves..
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes at 180 Celcius..
With influences introduced by the spices of Cape Malay cooking, the medieval culinary practices of the Dutch settlers to the indigenous practices of rearing and eating beef, it is no wonder that this melting pot is the rainbow nation's national dish. There are as many variations for bobotie as there are cooks. The only secret is to find you own favourite amount and mix of spices! Why then the spices, so typical of Indonesian and Sri Lankan cooking? Bobotie is traditional meatloaf casserole and one of the most delicious of South Africa recipes.
A recipe is a good story that ends with a appetizing meal. If you find this web page helpful Sharing this web page to your acquaintances is the deal Wish that your Bobotie turns your day cheerful.