Hi people, back with us in the most complete receipes web page. If you are looking for yummy Chickpea & Vegetable Curry recipe, you are now at the best place. We only prepare excellent Chickpea & Vegetable Curry recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chickpea & vegetable curry recipe. You can have chickpea & vegetable curry using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Below are the ingridients that are needed to serve a delicious Chickpea & Vegetable Curry:
- Get 200 g of (half a can) of chickpeas, drained,.
- Provide 100 g of closed cap mushrooms, sliced,.
- Use 80 g of fresh tomatoes chopped,.
- You need 1 of large red onion, sliced,.
- You need Half of a carton of tomato passata, 200g,.
- Get 60 g of chopped baby spinach leaves,.
- You need 2 of finely sliced green (spring) onions,.
- Use 2 of mild red chillies, seeds left in, sliced finely,.
- Provide 1 of thumb of fresh ginger, sliced finely,.
- Get 2 of large cloves of garlic, crushed,.
- You need 1 of good handful of chopped flat leaf parsley,.
- Take 1 tbsp of hot curry powder,.
- Prepare 1 tsp of tumeric,.
- Take 1/4 tsp of ground cumin,.
- Provide 1 tbsp of garam masala powder,.
- You need 3 of whole cardamon pods,.
- Prepare 1 of heaped tbsp fat free Quark,.
- Prepare 1 of good pinch of salt,.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable oil for frying,.
Ready with the ingridients? Below are the steps on preparing Chickpea & Vegetable Curry:
- Heat a large saucepan up on a hob, over a medium high heat. Add the cooking oil and allow to warm. Once heated, add the red onion, green onions and the mushrooms. Fry for a couple of minutes..
- Next add the chopped ginger, garlic and chilli. Stir to combine and fry until fragrant for another couple of minutes..
- Add in the tomatoes next. Stir again. Then add in all of the dry spices. Give everything a good stir and add in the passata. Next add the chickpeas and water. Season with a good pinch of salt and also add the cardamon pods..
- Turn the heat down to medium and allow the mixture to come to a simmer. Add the chopped spinach leaves on top of the curry and place the lid of the saucepan on so it steams it. Once the spinach has shrunk down after around 3-4 minutes, open the lid and give the curry a stir so everything is evenly combined. Add the chopped parsley leaves..
- Place over the lid again and allow to simmer on a low heat until the curry thickens and reduces down and the vegetables and chickpeas are tender. I usually leave it to simmer for anywhere between 40-60 minutes on a very low heat, ensure you check on it now and then to give it a stir so it doesn't dry or catch. If it begins to dry simply add a touch more water..
- Once the curry has reduced and thickened remove from the heat. Leave to stand for 3 minutes. If you can locate the Cardamon pods, remove them. Add in the quark and stir through until the curry becomes creamier. Serve up and enjoy! :).
- Note: This is a great curry to batch cook on a larger scale, to then freeze as individual portions as a quick go to meal when you need it. I often do this and store in Tupperware boxes..
We've fab recipes for chickpea curries, salads and more. Chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, are part of the legume family. While they have become more popular recently, chickpeas have been grown in Middle Eastern countries for thousands of years. Chickpeas are filling, delicious, easy to cook and cheap, making them the perfect choice for students. See also our easy hummus recipe and easy falafel recipe for more ways to shuzsh up that tin!.
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a good meal. If you find this page helpful Sharing this web site to your buddies is the deal Wish that your Chickpea & Vegetable Curry makes your day cheerful.