Hello friends, back with us in the most interesting receipes blog. If you are looking for yummy Pot roast beef brisket recipe, you are now at the correct place. We only prepare excellent Pot roast beef brisket recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to pot roast beef brisket recipe. You can have pot roast beef brisket using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to prepare a appetizing Pot roast beef brisket:
- Provide 700 g of well-marbled beef brisket, rolled and tied.
- Prepare 1 tsp of flaked sea salt, plus extra to season.
- Use of freshly ground black pepper.
- Provide 4-5 tbsp of sunflower oil.
- Take 4 of onions.
- Prepare 3 sprigs of bushy thyme.
- Get 1 of large bay leaf.
- Use 2 tbsp of tomato purée.
- Take 500 ml of hot beef stock, made with 1 beef stock cube.
- Get 200 ml of red wine.
- You need 4 of large carrots, cut into 3cm/11/4in chunks.
- Get 6 of celery sticks, trimmed and cut into 4cm/11/2in lengths.
Done with the ingridients? Here are the sequences on cooking Pot roast beef brisket:
- For the beef, season the beef all over with the salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper. Heat two tablespoons of the oil in a large flameproof casserole and brown the beef over a fairly high heat for 8-10 minutes, turning every couple of minutes. Preheat the oven to 160C/325F/Gas 3..
- While the beef is frying, thinly slice two of the onions. Remove the beef from the casserole and put it to one side. Add the onions to the casserole and fry for five minutes or until nicely browned, stirring regularly. Add a little more oil if the onions begin to stick..
- Stir in the thyme and bay leaf and cook for 20-30 seconds more, stirring. Return the beef to the casserole. Stir the tomato purée into the hot beef stock and pour around the beef. Add the wine and bring to a gentle simmer on the hob..
- Cover with a lid and place in the oven. Cook for three hours 30min. After about 1hour 45min, take out of the oven and turn the beef. If you press it with a fork, the meat will feel very firm..
- While the beef is cooking, prepare the vegetables. Cut the remaining onions into half from root to tip and then cut each half into four. Peel the carrots and cut into 3cm/1¼in chunks, trim the celery and cut into 4cm/1½in lengths..
- Heat another tablespoon of oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Fry the onions for five minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the carrots and celery and cook for a further five minutes over a medium heat until the onions are softened and all the vegetables are lightly browned, stirring regularly..
- Remove the beef from the oven and take off the lid. Press the beef with a fork. You should be able to feel it becoming much softer. (If not, return to the oven for a further 30 minutes before adding the vegetables.).
- Turn the beef over and nestle all the sautéed vegetables around it. Cover with the lid again and return to the oven for a further 1-2 hours, or until the beef is very tender and yields completely to the pressure of a spoon..
- To serve the beef, lift the beef out of the casserole with a couple of forks and place on a board or serving platter. Cut off the string and carve into slices. Serve with the poached vegetables, latkes and the rich cooking liquor for gravy..
See for yourself how easy making this comfort food is! Pot Roast – fall apart beef, tender flavour infused vegetables and potatoes smothered in a rich gravy. It's mouthwateringly good, yet simple to make OTHER BEEF CUTS: Works great with brisket too. Blade Roast will also work but note that the beef is very lean so while it will be tender like chuck, it's. Braised and roasted brisket has deep flavor that makes you come back for seconds.
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a good meal. If you find this web site useful Sharing this web site to your friends is the deal Hope that your Pot roast beef brisket turns your day cheerful.