What’s up buddy, back with us in the most interesting receipes site. If you are looking for yummy 🐟🍟Fish and Chips with🍟🐟 (curry sauce and mushy peas) recipe, you are now at the right place. We only provide excellent 🐟🍟Fish and Chips with🍟🐟 (curry sauce and mushy peas) recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to 🐟🍟fish and chips with🍟🐟 (curry sauce and mushy peas) recipe. You can have 🐟🍟fish and chips with🍟🐟 (curry sauce and mushy peas) using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Below are the ingridients that are required to cook a delicious 🐟🍟Fish and Chips with🍟🐟 (curry sauce and mushy peas):
- Provide 500 g (1 lb) of potatoes, peeled and cut into proper chips.
- You need 350 g (12 oz) of white fish (cod,haddock, panga…).
- Take of For the Batter.
- Take 75 g (1/2 cup) of plain flour 4 tbsp cornflour or (corn starch).
- Take 2 tsp of baking powder 1/2 tsp salt.
- Take 125 ml (1/2 cup) of water or milk or beer.
- Take of For the Curry Sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of oil 1/2 onion, finely diced.
- Prepare 1 of apple, peeled and finely diced 1 clove garlic, minced.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of curry powder 1 tbsp plain flour.
- Get 150 ml of vegetable stock Salt & black pepper to taste.
- You need of For the Mushy Peas.
- Take 250 g of frozen Peas 1tblsp butter.
- Get 2 sprigs of mint (chopped).
- Use to taste of freshly ground black pepper & salt.
Done with the ingridients? Here are the procedures on serving 🐟🍟Fish and Chips with🍟🐟 (curry sauce and mushy peas):
- #CHIPS: Blanche the chips in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain, refresh with cold water and drain again. Fry the chips at 150°C for 3 minutes. Drain, then fry again at 180°C for 8-10 minutes until golden brown..
- #FISH: Sieve the flour and cornflour into a bowl, then add the baking powder and salt. Add any optional spices into the batter, then add the liquid. Beat to a smooth batter. Dip the fish into the batter ensuring it is well covered. Fry the fish at 200°C for about 5 minutes (maybe a little more) until the batter is crisp and golden. Serve hot ♨️ with chips, curry sauce and mushy peas..
- #CURRY_SAUCE Heat the oil in a deep frying pan, and add the onion, apple and garlic. Cook over a low heat for 5-10 minutes, until everything is very soft. Add the curry powder and flour, and mix well. Then pour over the stock and add plenty of black pepper..
- Bring to a gentle simmer, and cook for around 10 minutes, stirring every couple of minutes, until the mixture is thick and the vegetables have cooked right down. Your sauce will probably be quite chunky, so if you’d prefer a smoother sauce, just give it a quick blitz with an immersion blender. This will thicken it up a bit too. I half-blended mine, so it was quite thick, but there was still some texture..
- #Mushy_Peas Cover the peas with water in a shallow pan and place on a medium to high heat Bring the water to a boil, cover the pan, and allow the peas to simmer for 3 minutes Drain the peas and transfer to a bowl Add the butter and mint and mash with a potato masher and season to taste..
- #Tips I like to add pepper, paprika and garlic powder into my batter just to give it that little something extra. The oil needs to be nice and hot for frying the fish otherwise your batter will be soggy..
Freshly cooked, piping hot fish and chips, smothered in salt and soused with vinegar, wrapped in newspaper and eaten out-of-doors on a cold and wintry day – it simply cannot be beaten! So how, when and where did this quintessentially British dish come about? The potato is thought to have been brought to England. Drain the chips well; Mix chips with extra virgin rapeseed oil, (oregano & thyme can be dried) & season. Made from a mixture of spices.
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a enjoyable meal. If you find this internet site fruitful Sharing this internet site to your friends is the deal Wish that your 🐟🍟Fish and Chips with🍟🐟 (curry sauce and mushy peas) makes your day cheerful.