Hello guys, back with us in the most interesting receipes blog. If you are searching for tasty Mapo Tofu recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only provide excellent Mapo Tofu recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mapo tofu recipe. To make mapo tofu you need 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Here are the ingridients that are required to make a perfect Mapo Tofu:
- Provide 500 g of soft to medium-firm tofu.
- Prepare 12 of dried black mushrooms.
- Get 80 g of fermented black beans.
- Get 4 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Provide 8 cm of ginger, chopped.
- Use 4 of dried Sichuan type peppers, chopped.
- Provide 4 of scallions, sliced diagonally.
- Take 4 g of Sichuan pepper, lightly crushed.
- Take 80 g of chili bean paste.
- Use 20 g of Chinese cooking wine.
- You need 20 g of light soy sauce.
- Take 20 g of sesame oil.
- Get 20 g of sugar.
- Use 8 g of corn starch.
Ready with the ingridients? Below are the instructions on cooking Mapo Tofu:
- Soak the black mushrooms in 0.4 l water for 20 minutes, wring out the excess water back in the bowl and chop the mushrooms. Reserve the mushroom flavoured water for the sauce..
- Chop the ginger and garlic, and crush the black beans slightly..
- Stir fry the mushrooms and black beans on high heat in some peanut oil until slightly crispy and fragrant..
- Lower the heat, add the chopped ginger, garlic, Sichuan pepper, scallion whites and chili, and stir fry until fragrant and the garlic starts to brown..
- Mix the mushroom water with the chili bean paste, wine, soy sauce, sesame oil and sugar and add the sauce to the wok and let simmer for a few minutes..
- Cut the tofu in inch sized cubes and add them to the sauce, stirring carefully to avoid breaking them. Let simmer on low heat until the tofu is heated through..
- Mix the corn starch with some cold water and add to the wok, and continue to simmer until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon..
- Adjust hotness with chili oil, "mala" (the numbing quality of the Sichuan pepper) with more Sichuan pepper, saltiness with salt and sweetness with sugar. Garnish with the scallion greens..
- Serves 3-4 on its own or 6-8 as a part of a spread..
We often eat Mapo Tofu as a donburi-style, one-bowl meal for easy cleanup! Mapo Tofu is a classic Szechuan dish that features tofu covered in spices and minced meat. It pairs extremely well with rice, and may even be necessary with how spicy it can get. The name literally translates to "pockmarked old lady tofu", inspired by the old lady that made this dish. Mapo tofu (麻婆豆腐, ma po dou fu) is one of the most popular classic Sichuan dishes.
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a appetizing meal. If you find this web site fruitful Sharing this site to your buddies is the deal Wish that your Mapo Tofu makes your day cheerful.