Greetings to everyone out there, back with us in the most perfect receipes page. If you are looking for yummy Delicious Chicken Katsu Curry 🇯🇵 recipe, you are now at the right place. We only provide excellent Delicious Chicken Katsu Curry 🇯🇵 recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to delicious chicken katsu curry 🇯🇵 recipe. You can cook delicious chicken katsu curry 🇯🇵 using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do it.
Below are the ingridients that are required to serve a heavenly Delicious Chicken Katsu Curry 🇯🇵:
- You need of Sauce.
- Prepare 3 of small onions.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves.
- Get 3 of medium carrots.
- Get 2 TSP of curry powder (here is up to you how spicy it will be).
- Use 2 TBSP of plain flour.
- Take 500 ml of chicken stock or vegetable stock for the veggie version.
- Provide 1 TBSP of honey.
- Get 2 TBSP of soy sauce.
- Get 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1 TSP of garam masala.
- Prepare 2 TBSP of sunflower oil for simmering.
- Get of Breaded chicken or aubergine (suggested vegetable).
- Take 4 of chicken breasts filleted or 3 aubergines, peeled and filleted.
- Take 1 of garlic clove crushed.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 of beaten egg or 2.
- You need 100 g of breadcrumbs or panko breadcrumbs.
- Get of sunflower oil for frying.
Done with the ingridients? Here are the steps on cooking Delicious Chicken Katsu Curry 🇯🇵:
- In a food processor, make the onions into a pure, set aside. Do the same to the garlic and carrots. If you don't have a food processor, cut them as small as possible. (Some traditional recipes will leave it into chunks and also have potatoes to thicken it.).
- In a pan, add the oil and bring it to almost boiling point, fry the onions first. Once they have cooked, move it to a corner, put it in low heat and fry the garlic. Mix it with the onions and leave it in the corner again, them cook the carrots..
- Mix it all together now, then add the flour and curry powder. Have your stock ready and boiling..
- Make it into a paste, blending together until all the ingredients are well incorporated. Slowly, add the stock while mixing, make sure you mix it vigorously so there is no lumps left. You can add the remaining stock once you feel it won't create any lumps..
- Now add the honey and the soy sauce, stir it well..
- If you want extra smooth, you can use a blender while still on the hob. Add the bay leaf and stir. Put the lid on and leave it to cook for about 10 minutes in low heat..
- Start preparing the breaded chicken / breaded aubergines. Season it with salt and garlic. You will need 3 plates, one for the flour, one for the egg and one for the breadcrumbs..
- First, on the flour, all around, then straight into the egg and last is the breadcrumbs. Make sure it is covered all around. Press it down so the crumbs stick to it evenly..
- Go back to your sauce and add the garam masala, stir it well and check if the thickness is to your taste. It has to be creamy. Put the lid back on and start frying your chicken..
- In a frying pan, add oil enough to cover just bellow half the thickness of the chicken or aubergine. Check the temperature by dusting it with some of the crumbs. Once the oil is ready, fry the pieces on one side then turn them over once they are golden brown..
- Switch off the sauce and remove the bay leaf. Serve with rice. Enjoy!!.
What makes panko special in this Chicken Katsu Curry recipe? When making katsu there are a couple of things at must be observed. The cutlets need to be made from pork or chicken. They need to be flattened so that the cooking time is relatively equal for the entire piece of meat Lastly, the cutlet most be coasted in panko breadcrumbs before it is fried. In western cooking breadcrumbs are not.
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a delicious meal. If you find this web page helpful Sharing this web site to your acquaintances is the deal Wish that your Delicious Chicken Katsu Curry 🇯🇵 makes your day cheerful.