Hello friends, back with us in the most interesting receipes site. If you are searching for delicious Cajun Smoked Duck Sausage recipe, you are now at the right place. We only serve excellent Cajun Smoked Duck Sausage recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to cajun smoked duck sausage recipe. You can have cajun smoked duck sausage using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to serve a remarkably good Cajun Smoked Duck Sausage:
- Prepare of Ingredients.
- Provide 2 1/2 lb of duck meat.
- Get 2 1/2 lb of pork.
- Use 1/2 lb of pork fat.
- Take 1/2 lb of bacon.
- Use 1/4 lb of butter.
- Prepare 2 cup of onions, diced.
- Prepare 1 cup of celery, diced.
- Use 1/2 cup of green onions, diced.
- You need 2 tbsp of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/2 cup of port wine.
- Provide 1/4 cup of cognac.
- Provide 1 tbsp of thyme.
- You need 1 tbsp of cracked black pepper.
- Use 1/2 cup of parsley, chopped.
- Use of sea salt (about 2 tablespoon).
- You need of cayenne pepper (about 1.5 tablespoon).
- Provide 10 of – 12 feet (35-38 mm) sausage casing.
Done with the ingridients? Below are the sequences on serving Cajun Smoked Duck Sausage:
- Grind the duck, pork, pork fat, and bacon using the fine cutting blade of a meat grinder. Place in a bowl and set aside..
- In a sauté pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion, celery, green onion, and garlic until wilted..
- Remove from heat and add the port and cognac. Return to the stove burner and ignite the cognac with a kitchen match and allow it to burn off..
- Reduce the liquid to about half the volume. Mix in the thyme and black pepper. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely..
- Add the cooled veggies to the ground meat. Add the parsley, salt, and cayenne. Mix well by hand..
- To check the seasoning, take a small ball of the sausage and form a patty. Fry until no longer pink. Allow to cool and taste. Adjust seasonings accordingly..
- Stuff into sausage casings using the sausage attachment of a meat grinder. TIP: if you don't feel like stuffing your own sausage, you local butcher will probably do it for you for a nominal fee..
- Smoke the sausages at a temperature of 175°F until the internal temperature is 160°F. You can serve right away or vacuum pack and freeze until later and just warm up on the grill..
- TIP: a standard package of casings is usually enough for 50 feet of sausage. If you have leftover casings, do not freeze them. That well weaken them and make them prone to tearing. Drain them, and repack them with sea salt and store in the refrigerator. They will last forever. Natural casings aren't expensive but I just hate to waste anything..
Let us help; we've spent decades perfecting traditional Cajun cuisine. Made with quality cuts of meat, taste the rich flavors packed with Cajun-style spice. Add to a non-stick skillet over medium heat. I always make it with large shrimp and smoked sausage. By the way, I like to use Andouille sausage.
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a delicious meal. If you find this site useful Sharing this page to your buddies is the deal Wish that your Cajun Smoked Duck Sausage turns your day cheerful.