What’s up buddy, welcome back to the most pleasing receipes web site. If you are searching for complete South African Indian Crab Curry recipe, you are now at the right place. We only prepare excellent South African Indian Crab Curry recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to south african indian crab curry recipe. You can have south african indian crab curry using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Below are the ingridients that are needed to serve a appetizing South African Indian Crab Curry:
- Take 2 of onion, chopped fine.
- Use 3 kg of orange crabs cleaned and chopped.
- Take 3 tbsp of ginger and garlic grated.
- Take 1 of curry leaves.
- Get 5 of green chillies.
- Provide 10 of jam (rosa) tomatoes.
- Get 4 tsp of curry powder.
- Take 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Use 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Use 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- Use 2 tsp of salt to start. add more after tasting.
- Use 1 tsp of brown sugar.
- Provide 1/4 cup of tamarind water.
Ready with the ingridients? Below are the instructions on cooking South African Indian Crab Curry:
- In a large pot heat oil and brown onions..
- Add green chillies, curry leaves, ginger and garlic.
- Place in all the crab lower to medium heat, replace the lid and simmer for 10 minutes..
- Next add in all spices, mix and cook for a further 3-4 minutes..
- Liquidise the tomatoes and and add to the pot. Add salt to taste as well as brown sugar to cut acidity.
- Mix through, replace the lid and simmer for a further 10 minutes..
- Next, remove the lid, increase the heat to remove excess water from the tomatoes and thicken the gravy..
- Pour in the tamarind water and bring to the boil to finish..
- Remove from heat and leave to stand. The gravy will thicken on standing..
- Serve hot with basmati rice!.
This Indian crab curry has blend of good spice and coconut. All this makes this curry special and mouth watering. dear maria my name is shamima i am from durban south africa, we hve a prob getting fresh coconut is there a subsistute i could use. This Spicy Crab Curry is a traditional South Indian style curry. This curry is one of the signature recipes of my late grandmother. Great recipe for South African Indian Crab Curry.
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a good meal. If you find this page useful Sharing this web page to your acquaintances is the deal Hope that your South African Indian Crab Curry makes your day joyful.