Greetings to everyone out there, welcome back to the most interesting receipes internet site. If you are looking for yummy Batsaria from Ioannina recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only serve excellent Batsaria from Ioannina recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to batsaria from ioannina recipe. You can have batsaria from ioannina using 15 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to make a yummy Batsaria from Ioannina:
- Use of For the dough.
- Take 1/2 kg of cornmeal.
- Get 1 of egg.
- Get 250 ml of milk (and a little more milk).
- You need of olive oil.
- Take of For the filling.
- Prepare 1 kg of various greens (spinach, Mediterranean hartwort, chard).
- You need 1/2 bunch of dill.
- Provide 1/2 bunch of chervil.
- Prepare 1 bunch of spring onions.
- You need 1 of dry onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of sour trahana.
- Get 1/2 kg of feta cheese.
- Take of olive oil.
- Provide of coarse salt.
Ready with the ingridients? Below are the procedures on serving Batsaria from Ioannina:
- Wash the greens thoroughly and cut them into medium to large pieces..
- Add coarse salt and rub them (squeeze them using your hands so that the liquids are drained and they get more tender)..
- Cut the spring onions into rings and add them to the greens..
- Add the dry onion, finely chopped..
- Chop the herbs and add them..
- Add a little bit of olive oil..
- Continue with the feta cheese, roughly broken with your hands into small chunks and the trahana..
- Mix all the ingredients well and set them aside..
- Prepare the dough. Put the corn meal in a small tray, add the egg, a little bit of salt and gradually, the milk. The dough should be firm, not crumbly or runny..
- Oil a round baking tray (in my village, we call it "sini") with a diameter of about 35 cm..
- Spread 3/4 of the dough in the baking tray with your hand and press so that it is evenly distributed and covers the walls of the baking tray. Make sure that it has the same thickness all around..
- Spread the filling on top of the dough making sure that it gets everywhere and press lightly with your hand..
- Add milk to the rest of the dough that you kept, as much as you need so that you get a runny batter..
- Scoop handfuls of the batter and sprinkle the pie so that you cover the top almost completely..
- Sprinkle with a little oil and bake in a preheated oven at 180ο C for about an hour, until golden brown..
There, and throughout Epirus, pies are made with a small number of ingredients and people use what nature. My mother is from Ioannina and Batsaria is something my grandmother always makes for us when we visit her there. She has passed on many recipes to my mother (who is also an amazing cook!) who in turn has taught me. Batsaria is a pie that is made with cornmeal, various wild greens, flour and milk. but let's see it in detail! Dough pie from Ioannina (zimaropita) one.
A recipe is a good story that ends with a delicious meal. If you find this page useful Sharing this site to your acquaintances is the deal Hope that your Batsaria from Ioannina turns your day cheerful.