Hello guys, welcome back to the most complete receipes web site. If you are searching for excellent Braised Oxtail in Red wine recipe, you are now at the best place. We only serve excellent Braised Oxtail in Red wine recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to braised oxtail in red wine recipe. You can have braised oxtail in red wine using 25 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Below are the ingridients that are required to serve a heavenly Braised Oxtail in Red wine:
- Use of (more or less) 1kg Oxtail.
- Prepare 600 ml of red wine (I used Merlot).
- Use 300 ml of beef stock (premade or powder).
- Prepare 4-5 of carrots chopped in chunks.
- Get 2-3 of chopped and peeled tomatoes.
- Use 1 of onion (I prefer red).
- Prepare of Oil.
- Use of Water -between 200ml and 500ml depending on the moisture the pot.
- Provide of Seasoning (garlic / parsley / salt and pepper).
- Take of Spiced RICE.
- You need 2-4 cups of rice (depending on how many people will eat).
- Provide 1/2 of Finely chopped onion.
- Take 1/2 of finely chopped carrot.
- Provide 1 clove of garlic finely chopped.
- Use 1/2 of chicken stock cube.
- Use of Water.
- Provide of Fresh sides.
- Take 300 g of broccoli.
- Take of Cherry tomatoes.
- Use of Feta cheese.
- Prepare of Cilantro.
- Get of Avocado.
- You need of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- Get of Lemon juice.
Done with the ingridients? Here are the steps on preparing Braised Oxtail in Red wine:
- Fry and brown onions in a large pot with some oil.
- Add defrosted room temperature oxtail in the pot and fry until brown and set aside.
- Fry carrots, garlic and tomatoes for about a minute (you don't want it soft too soon).
- Add the oxtail back in the pot along with the red wine and beef stock as well as a handful of parsley..
- Cover the pot and turn down the heat and allow it to simmer for 3-4 hours slowly. Make sure to check on it every 40 min or so to prevent it from drying out. Add more water/stock (just bear in mind that stock is salty) I mix it 50/50 (half stock and half water ratio) to ensure that it's not too salty..
- You can always add more salt or seasoning but you can't take it out, and oxtail is not a dish for a gamble ;).
- For the spiced rice: fry together all ingredients in a pot with some oil until soft and fragrant. Add the rice last. And yes without water at first..
- Add water to rice and cover and cook over low heat until there's no more water left..
- Fresh sides: steam the broccoli until preferred tenderness and just before serving sprinkle a little salt/pepper and feta over..
- Salad: Chop avocado and cilantro together and add lemon juice and a drop or two of olive oil and mix..
- **this is only a guideline and cooking time may vary. Also, feel free to adjust the wine / garlic ratio and even add extra vegetables like celery and potatoes etc..
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a appetizing meal. If you find this page fruitful Sharing this page to your friends is the deal Wish that your Braised Oxtail in Red wine turns your day cheerful.