Greetings to everyone out there, back with us in the most excellent receipes web page. If you are searching for best Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars recipe, you are now at the right place. We only prepare excellent Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to cherry rhubarb cream cheese shortbread dessert bars recipe. To cook cherry rhubarb cream cheese shortbread dessert bars you only need 23 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to make a appetizing Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars:
- Provide of For the rhubarb puree.
- You need 3 cups of chopped rhubarb.
- Take 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- Use of For the cream cheese shortbread.
- Prepare 5 oz of low-fat cream cheese.
- Use 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- Take 2/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Use 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 1/3 cups of flour.
- Take of For the rhubarb curd.
- Provide 4 of eggs.
- Provide 3/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of rhubarb puree.
- Provide 1/2 can of pitted, dark, sweet, cherries in heavy syrup chopped.
- Take 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- Take of red dye.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- You need 3 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Prepare of zest of 1 lemon.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of flour.
Done with the ingridients? Below are the steps on preparing Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars:
- Opt for thinner, red rhubarb stalks — When choosing your rhubarb from the store or farmers market, go for the stalks that are mostly red and thinner. These stalks will be sweeter than the thick green ones..
- In a medium pot, combine chopped rhubarb, sugar, and water and heat over medium heat for 10-12 minutes, or until the rhubarb is completely broken down. Transfer mixture to a blender and puree until smooth. Set aside..
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside. In a standing mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, cream the butter, cream cheese, sugar, salt and vanilla extract until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Turn mixer to low speed and incorporate flour. Press dough firmly onto the bottom of the baking dish, spreading evenly to the edges. Bake for 15 minutes..
- While the shortbread is cooking, make the rhubarb curd! In a large bowl, whisk all ingredients except for the flour. Here is also where I added the cherries and brown sugar. Use as much red dye as you’d like, and remember that the color will fade a bit during cooking. Once mixed, whisk in the flour..
- Pour the rhubarb curd on top of the cream cheese shortbread, then bake for an additional 20 minutes to set the rhubarb..
- Cool bars for at least 4 hours in fridge..
- Then cut and top with powdered sugar! Serve & Enjoy!.
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a enjoyable meal. If you find this web page fruitful Sharing this internet site to your mates is the deal Wish that your Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars makes your day cheerful.