Hello friends, back with us in the most complete receipes web page. If you are looking for delicious Turnip, Bacon and Cheese Bake recipe, you are now at the correct place. We only provide excellent Turnip, Bacon and Cheese Bake recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to turnip, bacon and cheese bake recipe. To cook turnip, bacon and cheese bake you need 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to serve a remarkably good Turnip, Bacon and Cheese Bake:
- Prepare 85 g of butter.
- Take 6 rashers of smoked streaky bacon.
- Take 1 tbsp of fresh thyme.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, peeled and finely sliced.
- Prepare 1 1/2 kg of turnips.
- Use 150 g of mature Cheddar, grated.
- Prepare of smoked paprika and black pepper.
Done with the ingridients? Below are the sequences on cooking Turnip, Bacon and Cheese Bake:
- Fry the bacon rashers in an ovenproof frying pan until crispy. I only had four rashers, which I thought would be fine, but then I accidentally ate one, so I added some pancetta lardons to the onions to make up the porky balance..
- Peel and thinly slice the turnips. Remove the bacon from the pan and set aside, add half the butter to the pan and fry the sliced onions (with the pancetta lardons in my case) until soft and golden. Remove from the pan. Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4..
- Layer half the turnip slices in the bottom of the frying pan, overlapping them to make a good solid base..
- Spread the onions and bacon on top of the turnips, then scatter over a third of the cheese..
- Add the rest of the turnip slices in a final layer, dot with the rest of the butter and grind over some black pepper..
- Top with the rest of the grated cheese, and sprinkle over some smoked paprika with some more black pepper..
- Bake for about 30 minutes until bubbling and crispy, check the turnips are soft and cooked through with the tip of a sharp knife..
- Leave the bake to stand for 5 minutes, then upturn it on a plate, a bit like a tarte tatin. Serve in slices with a salad..
Drain then mash with the butter or margarine, salt, pepper and garlic A very tasty way to make turnip. I cooked it ahead and froze it leaving out the bacon bits which I fried up and froze separately. Chinese Turnip Cake With Sausage, Bacon and Mushrooms (Law Bok Gow) Recipe. These nutty little cupcakes, topped with cream cheese icing make a pretty addition to any buffet dessert or afternoon tea spread. Turnip greens are one of the South's favorite vegetables.
A recipe is a good story that ends with a appetizing meal. If you find this web page useful Sharing this web site to your families is the deal Hope that your Turnip, Bacon and Cheese Bake turns your day joyful.