Greetings to everyone out there, welcome back to the most perfect receipes web page. If you are looking for excellent Bacon and onion pudding recipe, you are now at the correct place. We only provide excellent Bacon and onion pudding recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to bacon and onion pudding recipe. To make bacon and onion pudding you need 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Here are the ingridients that are required to serve a heavenly Bacon and onion pudding:
- Take 200 g of self raising flour.
- You need 110 g of beef suet.
- You need 200 ml of cold water.
- Prepare 1 of large onion (sliced).
- Prepare 10-12 rashers of streaky bacon.
- Provide 1 of beef stock cube.
- You need Knob of butter.
- Provide to taste of pepper.
Ready with the ingridients? Below are the instructions on preparing Bacon and onion pudding:
- Mix together the flour and suet, gradually add water but by bit until you get a dough like consistency. If to sticky add more flour. You want a nice ball of dough that you are able to roll out. Place some tin foil on the side and then a layer of greaseproof paper on top roll out mixture to about the thickness of a pound coin. Then brush with melted butter..
- Season with pepper and place a layer of onions all over. Then crumble over stock cube. then a layer of bacon..
- Now carefully from the bottom working up roll it up like a roly poly, using the paper to help keep it tight. Fold over the ends of the paper and then repeat with the tin foil so you have a tight sausage shape..
- Place 2 large foil balls into the slow cooker on low and add some boiling water into the bottom. Place the pudding on top of the balls so it’s not sitting in the water. Place lid onto slow cooker and cook for 6-8 hours..
- Note: can also be done in the steamer this will take 2 and 1/2 hours..
Rennie has launched a campaign called 'Cooking through the Decades' where they are challenging food bloggers to cook a. As one of eight children her family was "very poor" but "fed well" by her mother, who often turned to the Sussex bacon and onion pudding. "The foods of childhood remind me of being home with mum and my many siblings and it brings back many good memories," said Ms Johnson, who grew up in Hove. Mix potatoes, onion, egg, salt and pepper.. pan. Add the bacon and onion mixture to the soaked bread and mix well. Add the rest of the ingredients – continue to mix them together thoroughly.
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a good meal. If you find this page useful Sharing this web page to your mates is the deal Wish that your Bacon and onion pudding makes your day joyful.