What’s up guys, welcome back to the most excellent receipes page. If you are searching for interesting Sig's Kohlrabi/Potato Mash with Blue Cheese and Mushroom Sauce recipe, you are now at the best place. We only serve excellent Sig's Kohlrabi/Potato Mash with Blue Cheese and Mushroom Sauce recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sig's kohlrabi/potato mash with blue cheese and mushroom sauce recipe. You can have sig's kohlrabi/potato mash with blue cheese and mushroom sauce using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Below are the ingridients that are required to serve a remarkably good Sig's Kohlrabi/Potato Mash with Blue Cheese and Mushroom Sauce:
- You need of Kohlrabi and Potatoe Mash.
- Provide 4 of large potatoes with a good flavour.
- Use 3 of medium Kohlrabi, peeled.
- Use 1 1/2 tbsp of butter.
- Take 2 tbsp of double (heavy) cream, (or as needed) taken from the pot of cream for the sauce.
- Take of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 of small pinch nutmeg.
- Get of Stilton and Mushroom Sauce.
- Get 300 ml of Pot of Double or heavy cream.
- Get 100 grams of each of Bavaria Blue and Stilton (or other blue cheese to taste).
- Provide 150 grams of button mushrooms, halved.
- Take of salt and black cracked pepper.
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the instructions on preparing Sig's Kohlrabi/Potato Mash with Blue Cheese and Mushroom Sauce:
- Peel, then cube and boil both the kohlrabi until they are soft enough to be mashed. Drain the water, mash the ingredients together, add the nutmeg, salt and pepper. this should end up with the potato smooth and and the Kohlrabi in very small bits. The mash should be able to stand up..
- Either create round ball shapes or use rings to make a desired shape..
- In the meantime create the Stilton mushroom sauce. Scrape the Bavaria Blu from its white outer skin into the cream then add the Stilton and gently heat through until the sauce is smooth and has thickened. Add the mushrooms and gently simmer. Make sure you stir the sauce and do not boil it or it will stick to the pan and brown. Add some fresh cracked black pepper..
- I serve this with roasted vegetables like parsnips and carrots, but you can serve it with meat if you like. The sauce goes well with chicken, beef or lamb..
- One could use and make this with cauliflower, broccoli, swede or turnip too..
You can use a mandoline if you have one or just a sharp knife. Mix coconut milk with salt, pepper and nutmeg and whisk to combine. Layer kohlrabi and potato slices along bottom of casserole dish, making sure they are interspersed. Cover with water, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Place diced kohlrabi and potatoes on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a well done meal. If you find this web page useful Sharing this site to your mates is the deal Wish that your Sig's Kohlrabi/Potato Mash with Blue Cheese and Mushroom Sauce turns your day joyful.